Managing multiple projects and maximizing productivity is a much sought-after scenario that most business owners seek. Do more in less time seems to be the mantra, for which planning is the key activity. This way, businesses can expect to deliver quality products and services with consistency, driving to acceleration in sales and revenue.
Here are 6 simple tips for business owners to plan their activities in advance and maximize everyday productivity.
- Create your own to-do list: You can write it on paper, or on a digital app that sends timely notifications on your laptop or mobile. Ensure the list is placed in proximity (like sticking the list on your desk/board) to keep tabs on what you’re doing at any given moment.
- Write down the list of activities: Writing down activities or deliverables for the week, keeping in mind the time you may need to allocate for client meetings or any other outdoor business activity. Remember to add the approximate time-taken for each task in the list.
- Be specific about each task: Include every detail about the task, so you don’t need to go searching for them when you sit down to work. If possible, try to visit the list one day prior, to keep the necessary things ready and start work at the allocated time.
- Prioritize the tasks: This helps from moving from the planning phase to an actionable phase. So, even if there was a sudden change in schedule, you would know what to do when you’re back to routine. Since the order of execution of tasks may change on a day-to-day basis, keep a special colored pen or marker to re-align the list at the start of each day.
- Keep the to-do list “real” and “simple”: Set the time based on your work style, break timings, and other external parameters. There may be times when a specific task may get left out for days or even weeks. Include it in the to-do list every time you revisit it, and try to close it out by delegation or splitting it into multiple tasks.
- Turn off distractions: It is important to turn off distractions like social media, mobile alerts, and notification sounds to concentrate on the job at hand. Taking short breaks to rejuvenate the mind and body helps get the job done on time. Allocate time to check emails during the day, otherwise it may consume a lot of time, although it may not seem so at that moment. Sometimes, when working on an important task, you may want to keep your mobile out of sight to ensure you give it your best shot.
Everyone has their own working style, and if you’re a business owner, you probably have a to-do list by now. Employing these tips could help you save time and focus on your everyday tasks more efficiently, and plan for future events, as well.
In some cases, focusing on what you do best and enlisting skilled support is the answer to maximizing your productivity. If you’d like to focus on your core business while driving your marketing and sales, RAP can help you. RAP is a full lifecycle sales and marketing company, that provides services for revenue acceleration, improving sales efficiency, and maximizing returns. If you’re interested in our services, please contact us.