In the B2B space, sales enablement is fast becoming an indispensable element that drives an organization’s success. Sales enablement has a direct bearing on the revenue flow in an organization because it contributes to increasing the productivity of the sales team in many ways. It also contributes to generating repeat business, increasing win rates and improving customer satisfaction.
Need for Sales Enablement
Organizations need a sales enablement function to fine-tune the sales process to the buyer’s journey. It is also required to align the activities of sales with that of marketing, customer care, brand management, HR, and other departments. This alignment helps improve the efficacy and productivity of the sales team. Sales enablement is essential to:
- Assess and eliminate conflicting brand messaging among prospective buyers.
- Improve seller-buyer dynamics to gain new deals and referrals in the long run.
- Help the sales team drive better conversations and achieve higher conversion rates by optimizing the sales pitch.
Activities of the Sales Enablement Function
- Onboarding and Coaching Sessions – Sales enablement offers training, coaching and content for sales reps to be successful. The team helps onboard new hires by providing them with in-depth knowledge about the product or service features. This involves conducting workshops, seminars and other training programs to fine-tune the capabilities and skillsets of the sales teams. It also includes training sales reps to deploy the tools and technology solutions that can be used for their lead generation programs.
- Sales Performance Assessments – Organizations need to assess the performance of sales reps to ensure that lead conversions steadily increase. Sales enablement makes accurate and quantifiable assessments about sales reps and team leads using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as the baseline.
- Leveraging Tools and Technology – Efforts of the sales reps can translate into success only with the use of the right tools. Therefore, sales enablement is involved in assessing tools that can improve conversions, or generate valuable customer intelligence. It also entails providing the sales reps with access to sales tools and templates that can be leveraged for the selling process.
- Continuous Enablement – Sales enablement is not a one-time event or activity. It is an ongoing activity that supports an organization in each of its long-term strategies. It drives ongoing improvement by planning for sales leadership training, generating data-driven metrics, conducting process iterations and updates, and much more. The function also creates standard processes and best practices for selling and improves them based on metrics and insights.
Sales enablement efforts can be measured using a number of metrics such as:
- the sales funnel transition rate
- time to revenue
- average win rate
- number of closed deals
- sales quota attainment
These metrics are essential to measure the value of sales enablement and understand the overall sales picture. They illustrate how sales enablement empowers sales reps and keeps customers happy so they come back for more.
If your organization is looking to improve sales performance and revenue generation, RAP can provide the services you seek. We offer an array of services including sales strategy consulting, inbound and outbound marketing strategy, and full lifecycle sales and marketing. If you are interested in our working with us, drop us a line and we’ll be glad to help.